Assalamualikum muslim brother, on this occasion we will share about the complete Surah An Nas in arabic english translation and transliteration. so read this article to the end.
About surah An Nas
Because it was transmitted while the Prophet Muhammad SAW was still residing in Makkah and had not yet made the migration to Medina, Surah An-Nas is categorized as a Makkiyah surah. The 114th or final surah of the Qur’anic mushaf is Surah An-Nas.
The Surah An-Nas and the letter of Al-Falaq were transmitted to the Messenger of Allah SAW, according to a number of reports. Both verses belong to the al-Mu’awwidzatain surah group, which also includes the An-Nas, Al-Falaq, and Al-Ikhlas surahs. These three letters are said to be in a quite high position.
عن ابن عَابِسٍ الْجُهَنِيِّ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ لَهُ يَا ابْنَ عَابِسٍ أَلَا أَدُلُّكَ بِأَفْضَلِ مَا يَتَعَوَّذُ بِهِ الْمُتَعَوِّذُونَ قَالَ بَلَى يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ الْفَلَقِ وَ قُلْ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِ هَاتَيْنِ السُّورَتَيْنِ
Ibn ‘Abis al-Juhani reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said to him, “O Ibn ‘Abis, shall I not tell you about the best way to seek refuge for those who seek it?” He said, “Of course, O Messenger of Allah.” The Prophet said, “These two chapters: Say, I seek refuge in the Lord of the daybreak (113:1) and, Say, I seek refuge in the Lord of the people (114:1).”Source: Sunan al-Nasā’ī 5432
Reading Of Surah An Nas
We have provided readings of Surah An Nas in a variety of formats down below.
بِسْمِ اللّٰهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
قُلْ اَعُوْذُ بِرَبِّ النَّاسِۙ – ١ مَلِكِ النَّاسِۙ – ٢ اِلٰهِ النَّاسِۙ – ٣ مِنْ شَرِّ الْوَسْوَاسِ ەۙ الْخَنَّاسِۖ – ٤ الَّذِيْ يُوَسْوِسُ فِيْ صُدُوْرِ النَّاسِۙ – ٥ مِنَ الْجِنَّةِ وَالنَّاسِ – ٦
- Qul a’oozu birabbin naas
- Malikin naas
- Ilaahin naas
- Min sharril waswaasil khannaas
- Allazee yuwaswisu fee sudoorin naas
- Minal jinnati wannaas
- Say, “I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
- The Sovereign of mankind.
- The God of mankind,
- From the evil of the retreating whisperer –
- Who whispers [evil] into the breasts of mankind –
- From among the jinn and mankind.”
Hadith About Surah An Nas
- ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Amir reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Have you not seen the verses Allah revealed to me in the night? No one has seen the likes of them, ‘Say: I seek refuge in the Lord of the people,’ (114:1) and, ‘Say; I seek refuge in the Lord of the daybreak.’” (113:1)Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 814
- Abu Sa’id reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would seek refuge from jinn and the evil eye of man, until the two chapters of refuge were revealed, al-Falaq and al-Nas. After they were revealed, he held to both of them and left everything else.Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2058
- ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Amir reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, commanded me to recite the two chapters of refuge, al-Falaq and al-Nas, at the end of every prayer.Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2903
- Aisha reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, when anyone from his family was sick, he would blow over them with the two chapters of refuge. When he was sick with the illness in which he died, I blew over him and wiped himself with his hands, as they had greater blessings than my hand.Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2192
- Abdullah ibn Khubayb reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Speak.” I said, “What should I say?” The Prophet said, “Say: He is Allah, the One, (112:1) and the two chapters of refuge, al-Falaq and al-Nas, every evening and morning three times. They will be enough for you against everything.”Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 3575
Surah An Nas Benefits
Here are a few benefits that you might derive from reading Surah An Nas.
Surah Al Falaq and Surah An Nas are referred to by the Messenger of Allah as al mu’awwidzatain. Namely the two best letters for protection. The one who reads it will be protected by God from all the evils of creatures.
Can be used for ruqyah
As mentioned in one of the hadiths above this surah we can use for ruqyah,
Protecting from Demons and jinns
As the meaning contained in this verse and also one of the hadiths above, this Surah is very feared by demons and jinns
Will Be Guarded Until the Day of Death
The next benefit of the Annas surah is to be awake until the day of death, as said by Imam Musa Al-Kazhim (sa). said: “There are many virtues of this letter for a small child if he reads the letter of Al-Falaq (3 times), the letter of An-Nas (3 times), and the letter of Al-Ikhlash (100 times) and if it is incapable (50 times). If he wishes to obtain self-care with that reading, he will be awake until the day of death. (Mafatihul Jinan 479).
To Heal Pain
The next benefit of surah annas is as a pain-healing remedy as follows: Imam Muhammad Al-Baqir (sa) said that the Messenger of Allah SAW complained because of the pain he suffered. Then Gabriel AS. came to him, and Mikail was by his feet. Then Gabriel begged for protection for him with the letter of Al-Falaq, and Mikail begged for protection for him with the letter of An-Nas.” (Tafsir Nur Tsaqalayn 5/725)
Thus the explanation of the complete Surah An Nas in Arabic English translation and transliteration that we can share for all of you and may you be helped. Finally, may we always be in the protection of Allah SWT.