Assalamualaikum Muslim Brother, on this occasion we will share the reading of the Complete Surah Al-Fatiha in Arabic English translation and transloiteration. Therefore, read it until the end of our article this time.
About Surah Al-Fatiha
There are numerous benefits in Surah Al Fatiha. The Prophet SAW also stated in his hadith that surah Al-Fatiha is the most honorable surah in the Quran, in addition to being known as fatihatul kitab or the opening of the Quran.
Every devoted Muslim is required to remember this surah since it is so significant and intimate to them. How could they not? for it is necessary to read this surah when offering prayers.
Therefore, a Muslim would always keep reciting this letter and reading it in every prayer meeting, according to cleric Shaikh Bakr Abdul Hafizh Al-Khulaifat. Because praying without first reading the letter is invalid,
Asbabun Nuzul Surah Al-Fatiha
Regarding Asbabun Nuzul, or the reason for the surah Al Fatihah’s descent, it is one of the supporting arguments for the claim that this surah originated in Mecca. At his work Asbabun Nuzul and Ats-Tsa’labim, the cleric Al-Imam Al-Wahidi interpreted Ali ibn Abu Talib RA’s statement that “Surat Al-Fatihah was handed down in Mecca, from within a treasury under ‘Arsy.”
Regarding the city, experts have differing views on the letter Al Fatihah. The majority of academics agree that al Fatihah’s letter is a member of the Makkiyah letter family. In other words, this letter was delivered in Mecca.
However, there are a few religious leaders who firmly believe that the Qur’an Al Fatihah is read at least twice day. Initially in Mekah, then in Madinah acting as a mubalaghah while carrying it. Samudra Ilmu-Ilmu al-Qur’an by Imam Jaluddin al-Suyuthi has the explanation of the city from Surah Al Fatihah in the book Al-Itqan fi Ulumil Qur’an.
“There is evidence suggesting that the verses of Al Fatihah are repeated set after set. The same thing happened in Madinah and Makkah. Abu Laits identified this document as Samarqandi “Samudra Ilmu-Ilmu al-Qur’an is the title of the book Al-Itqan fi Ulumil.
Reading Of Surah Al-Fatiha
To assist you, below, we have provided translations of the Fatiha of Al-Fatiha in a variety of formats.
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ ٱلْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ ٱلرَّحْمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ مَـٰلِكِ يَوْمِ ٱلدِّينِ إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ ٱهْدِنَا ٱلصِّرَٰطَ ٱلْمُسْتَقِيمَ صِرَٰطَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ ٱلْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا ٱلضَّآلِّينَ 
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem Alhamdu lillaahi Rabbil ‘aalameen Ar-Rahmaanir-Raheem Maaliki Yawmid-Deen Iyyaaka na’budu wa lyyaaka nasta’een Ihdinas-Siraatal-Mustaqeem Siraatal-lazeena an’amta ‘alaihim ghayril-maghdoobi ‘alaihim wa lad-daaalleen
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds; Most Gracious, Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgment. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek. Show us the straight way, The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.
Hadith About Surah Al-Fatiha
There are a few hadis that speak to this surah specifically below among others.
- Ibn Abbas reported: While the Angel Gabriel was sitting with the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, he heard a creaking noise above him. Gabriel raised his head and he said, “This is a door of heaven that has been opened today and it has never been opened before today.” Then an angel descended from it, and Gabriel said, “This angel descended to the earth today and he has never descended until today.” The angel greeted him with peace and he said, “Rejoice in two lights you have been given, which were not given to any prophet before you: the opening of the Book, Surat al-Fatihah, and the last verses of Surat al-Baqarah. You will never recite a letter from them but that you will be given.”[Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 806]
- Ata’ reported: Abu Huraira, may Allah be pleased with him, said, “In every prayer is a recitation. Prayers that were recited aloud by the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, we have recited aloud to you, and what he recited silently we have kept silent with you. Whoever recites the foundation of the Book, Surat al-Fatihah, has done enough, but to recite more is better.”[Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 738, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 396]
- Ubayy ibn Ka’b reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said to him, “How do you recite in prayer?” Ubayy said, “I recite the foundation of the Book, Surat al-Fatihah.” The Prophet said, “By the One in whose hand is my soul, nothing like it has been revealed in the Torah, nor the Gospel, nor the Psalms, nor the Furqan. Verily, they are the seven oft-repeated verses and the great Quran given to me.”[Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2875]
- Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah Almighty said: I have divided prayer between Myself and My servant into two halves, and My servant shall have what he has asked for. When the servant says, ‘All praise is due to Allah the Lord of the worlds,’ Allah says: My servant has praised Me. When he says, ‘The Gracious, the Merciful,’ Allah says: My servant has exalted Me. When he says, ‘The Master of the Day of Judgment,’ Allah says: My servant has glorified Me and my servant has submitted to Me. When he says, ‘You alone we worship, You alone we ask for help,’ Allah says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant will have what he has asked for. When he says, ‘Guide us to the straight path, the path of those whom you have favored, not those who went astray,’ Allah says: This is for My servant, and My servant will have what he has asked for.”[Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 395]
- Aisha reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, would sometimes perform two cycles of prayer before the dawn prayer so lightly that I would say to myself, “Did he recite Surat al-Fatihah?”[Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1165, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 724]
Benefits Of Surah Al-Fatiha
There so many benefits of reciting surat al-fatiha here are some that we summarized:
It is one of the pillars of prayer
This surah is one of the many pillars of prayer, if you perform prayers and do not read surah al-fatiha then your prayers are invalid
Sent From Heaven As Light
In one of the hadiths above it is mentioned that this surah was sent from heaven and includes 2 lights that were never passed down to the prophet before prophet Muhammad PBUH
Mother Of The Qur’an
In his hadith the prophet Muhammad PBUH said that Surah Fatihah is the Mother of Quran, Mother of the Book as well as seven repeated verses of it are the great recitation. (Cited from Tirmidhi).
The Most Sublime Surah
Prophet Muhammad PBUH said Abu Sa’id ibn al-Mu’alla reported: I was praying in the mosque when the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, called out to me but I did not respond. I said later, “O Messenger of Allah, I was praying.” The Prophet said, “Did not Allah say: Respond to Allah and the Messenger when he calls you?” (8:24) Then, the Prophet said, “Shall I not teach you the greatest chapter in the Quran before you leave the mosque?” The Prophet took me by the hand and when he intended to leave, I said to him, “Did you not say that you would teach me the greatest chapter in the Quran?” The Prophet said, “All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds (1:1), which are the seven oft-repeated verses and the great Quran given to me.”[Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 5006]
the next benefit of surah al-Fatiha is that whoever practices the recitation of Al-Fatiha as much as 20 times after each five-time fardhu prayer, then Allah Almighty expands his sustenance, be good for his morals, ease his affairs, eliminate his troubles, bestow what is dreamed of, can various blessings and glory, make him authoritative, noble in rank, good livelihood and his children are also protected from hope and corruption and given happiness and so on.
Thus the explanation of surah Al-Fatiha that we can share, hopefully with this article you can be helped.