Assalamualaikum Muslim friends, on this occasion we will share one of the verses in the Quran which is very important to always be practiced. The verse is ayatul kursi, so keep reading this article until it’s finished.
A Glimpse Of Ayatul Kursi
Ayatul Kursi is a verse contained in one of the Letters of the Quran precisely surah Al Baqarah verse 255 (two hundred and fifty-five). Why is it called the ayatul kursi? Because in this verse by some mufassirins it means a chair with a throne, some interpret the knowledge of God and some interpret it with the power of Allah SWT.
The majesty of Allah Almighty’s strength and knowledge are explained in this verse. This verse contains three parts of tawhid, namely uluhiyah, rububiyyah, and Allah Almighty’s essence. Many individuals employ this verse, either as a specific prayer in a situation or as a daily practice, because it is one of the verses that is regarded special.
Complete Ayatul Kursi Reading
Here’s a complete reading of the ayatul kursi in sharing the form:
اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاواتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
“Allahu laaa ilaaha illaa huwal haiyul qai-yoom laa taakhuzuhoo sinatunw wa laa nawm; lahoo maa fissamaawaati wa maa fil ard man zallazee yashfa’u indahooo illaa be iznih ya’lamu maa baina aideehim wa maa khalfahum wa laa yuheetoona beshai ‘immin ‘ilmihee illa be maa shaaaa wasi’a kursiyyuhus samaa waati wal arda wa la ya’ooduho hifzuhumaa wa huwal aliyyul ‘azeem”
“Allah – there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great”
Ayatul Kursi Hadith
- Abdullah Ibn Masud (RA), A Companion of the Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) said, “Allah the lofty did not create anything in the skies or on earth, in Jannat or Jahannam, Loftier than Ayatul Kursi.”
- It also said that “Whoever recites ayatul kursi immediately after each prescribed prayer (salah), there will be nothing stranding between him and his entering paradise except death.” The prophet (ﷺ) Sahih Al Jami, (NO. 6464)
- Hadhrat Hassan bin Ali (ra) says: “A person once asked: “Oh Rasulallaah (ﷺ) what does that person receive who recites Ayatul Kursi after every Fard Salaat ? Nabi (ﷺ) said: “That person remains under the protection of Allah until the next Salaat.”
- Abu Hurairah (R.A) Narrated: In Surah Al-Baqarah there is an ayah which is the best of all the ayahs of the Quran. It is never recited in a house but the Satan leaves: Ayatal Kursi.
- Hazrat Ali (R.A) says that the chief of the Ayats of the Quran Kareem is Ayatul Kursi.
- Abu Umamah Al-Bahili (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The one who recites it after each of the obligatory prayers, then death will be the only thing preventing him from entering Paradise.” [Ibn Sunni, Ibn Hibban]
- Everything has its pinnacle and the pinnacle of the Quran is Surah al-Baqarah. In it there is an ayah which is the greatest in the Quran; Ayat-ul-Kursi. [Tirmidhi]
- Abu Huraira reported that, “Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) ordered me to guard the Zakat revenue of Ramadan. Then somebody came to me and started stealing of the foodstuff. I caught him and said, “I will take you to Allah Apostle! “That person said (to Abu Huraira), “Please don’t take me to Allah’s Apostle and I will tell you a few words by which Allah will benefit you. When you go to your bed, recite Ayatul Kursi, for then there will be a guard from Allah who will protect you all night long, and Satan will not be able to come near you till dawn.” When the Prophet heard the story he said (to me), “He (who came to you at night) told you the truth although he is a liar, and it was Satan.” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]
- Prophet (ﷺ) said, “By reciting it (Ayat al-Kursi), there will be a guardian appointed over you from Allah who will protect you during the night, and Satan will not be able to come near you until morning”. [Al-Bukhari]