Qur’an Surah | Surah Al-Insyrah (Alam Nasyrah) Arabic, Latin and Indonesian Translation. Surah Al Insyirah is a group of Makiyyah letters and is the 94th of the 114 letters of the Quran. The initial sound of the first verse is Alam nasroh lakasodrok or Alam nasyrah laka shadrak.
This Surah has 8 Verses and we often know it by the name of Surah Alam Naysrah or Alam Nasroh, which is taken from the first verse which means: have not We expanded.
Surah Al-Insyrah (Alam Nasyrah), English, Arabic, and Transliteration
The main contents contained in Surah Al Insyirah include:
- Affirmation of the favors of Allah s.w.t. given to the Messenger of Allah s.a.w.
- Allah commanded the Prophet to keep doing shale charities and always be in good faith because Allah s.w.t. declared that in distress there is ease.
1. a lam nasyraḥ laka ṣadrak2. wa waḍa’nā ‘angka wizrak3. allażī angqaḍa ẓahrak4. wa rafa’nā laka żikrak5. fa inna ma’al-‘usri yusrā6. inna ma’al-‘usri yusrā7. fa iżā faragta fanṣab8. wa ilā rabbika fargab
1. Have We not stretched your bosoms (Muhammad)?2. and We have also lowered your burdens from you,3. which burdens your back,4. and We exalt your name to you.5. Then indeed with difficulties there is ease,a6. Indeed, along with the difficulty there is ease.7. So when thou hast finished (of one business), keep working hard (for another),8. and it is only to the God that you hope.
- . What is meant by burden here is the hardships suffered by the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. in delivering the treatise.
- . Exalting the name of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w here means raising the degree and including his name with the name of Allah in the sentence of the creed, making obedience to the Prophet including obedience to Allah and others.
- . That is to say: some interpreters interpret that when you (Muhammad) have finished preaching then worship Allah; when you have finished working on the affairs of the world than do the affairs of the hereafter, and there is another that says: When you have finished doing the prayer pray.
Background to the passing down of Sura Al-Insyirah Verses 1-8
According to as-Suyuthi, this verse (S.94:1-8) comes down when the musyrikim makes fun of the Muslims for their paganism.
In one account it is stated that when descending this verse (S.94:2-6) the Messenger of Allah SAW. said: “Rejoice you because there will come ease for you. Distress will not defeat two eases.”
(Narrated by Ibn Jarir sourced from al-Hasan.)