Entering the bathroom is a routine activity carried out by everyone, in Islam entering the bathroom there are things to do, one of which is to pray. Reading dua for entering the bathroom is one of the adabs before entering the toilet or bathroom. This was advocated by the Messenger of Allah SAW in his hadith narrated by Ali RA as the boundary between jinn and man, The Messenger of Allah SAW said:
What is the Dua for entering bathroom?
(Bismil-lah) allahumma innee aAAoothu bika minal-khubthi wal-khaba-ith
(In the name of Allah). O Allah, I take refuge with you from all evil and evil-doers.
Hadith Dua For Entering Bathroom
- Abu Sinan reported: Abdullah ibn Abi al-Hudhayl, may Allah have mercy on him, said, “Verily, Allah loves to be remembered in the market, and He loves to be mentioned in every circumstance except when relieving oneself.” Source: Ḥilyat al-Awliyā’ 4/359
- Zayd ibn Arqam reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, these washrooms are inhabited by jinn. When one of you enters his place of relief, let him say: I seek refuge in Allah from foul and noxious things.”Source: Sunan Abī Dāwūd 4
Ethics when entering the bathroom
- Reciting prayers when entering the toilet
- Enter the left foot bathroom first, get out the right foot
- Don’t Face and Turn Your Back to Qibla
- Not carrying Allah SWT asthma
- Silence when in the toilet